Hinduism is one of the largest religions in the world. Here are the top 10 Hinduism facts you didn’t know!
Continue Reading: Elon Musk: Top facts you didn’t know about the billionaire CEO!
1. Hinduism has no single founder, founding incident or date of origin.
Scholars believe that Hinduism was started somewhere around 2000BC in the Indus Valley civilization and it has no single founder as it is a fusion of various beliefs.
2. 13.8% of the world’s population are Hindus.
This is not a surprise considering India itself has a population of more than 800 million Hindus.
3. Hinduism believes the conditions of one’s present life are due to karma or accumulated good or bad behavior in past lives.
Many of you may not know but according to Hinduism karma is not limited to one life and your karma accumulated in the previous life may affect your current life in a huge way,
4. Hinduism worships over 33 million gods or demigods.
Hinduism has a god for everything: wind, nature, fire, and food are some of the examples.
Continue Reading: Amazing facts about the internet you won’t believe
5. The Mahabharata used to teach the principles of Hinduism, is 1.8 million words long and is the longest poem in the world.
The Mahabharata is the tale of the battle between Pandavas and Kauravas. And it is approximately ten times the length of the Iliad and Odyssey combined.
Continue Reading: Top facts about drugs you didn’t know!
6. A majority of Hindus eat meat, only 30% do not.
A vast percentage of people still think that all Hindus are vegetarians which is not even close to being true.
7. At over 162.6 ha (401 acres), the Hindu temple Angkor Wat is the largest religious structure in the world.
For many years, Angkor Wat was totally isolated from the Western World. Large, thick jungles cover the area, and it is located in the center of Cambodia. Now it is a major tourist attraction of Cambodia, and holds a special place in Cambodia so much that they have this temple in their national flag.