The COVID-19 pandemic is shaking the word, with over 438,000 confirmed cases and almost 20,000 deaths. There is a lot of misinformation spreading regarding the pandemic, so here are some important facts you need to know.
1. Coronavirus is a family of viruses.
Coronavirus can cause the common cold or more severe diseases such as SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome), MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome).
2. Don’t be afraid of the people who completed the quarantine.
According to the CDC, someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
3. Is coronavirus a pandemic or epidemic?
An epidemic is an unexpected regional outbreak of specific illnesses. A pandemic is an epidemic that has spread worldwide its definitely an epidemic.
4. How did the new strain of coronavirus start?
Health officials believe the virus was initially transmitted from animals to humans, as many of the early patients were linked to a large seafood and animal market in the city.
5. How many people have been affected by the coronavirus??
As of March 24, the death toll is reported at 17,241 while the number of reported cases is over 395,647.
6. How many people have recovered from the coronavirus?
As of March 24, it is being reported that 103,317 people have recovered.
7. Not everyone who gets coronavirus dies.
The death rate of the coronavirus is only 2% and most of the patients recover.
8. Pets are not responsible for spreading coronavirus.
Currently, there is evidence to prove that coronavirus can spread through pets.