1.Depression is very common.
Three hundred fifty million people of all ages around the world suffer from depression. 1 in 8 adolescents in the U.S. have clinical depression.
2. Depression is more common in women.
Women are approximately two times more likely than men to suffer from major depression.
3. Placebos can treat depression.
Placebos are 31% to 38% effective in treating depression, compared to 46% to 54% for antidepressants.
4. It causes you to dream more.
Depression can cause you to dream up to 3 to 4 times more than you normally would.
5. Depression can cause you to age faster.
Severe depression can cause us to age more by increasing the aging process in cells biologically.
6. Depression can also affect your body.
Headache, stomach problems, shortness of breath, and general physical tension can all be symptoms of depression, according to the National Institute of Mental Health.
7. Funny people are more depressed than normal people.
Research conducted on comedians and funny people has shown they are usually more depressed than average.
8. Iceland is very depressed country.
It has the world’s highest rate of antidepressant use.
9. Lincoln suffered from depression.
He would generally avoid carrying knives, fearing he would use it on himself.
10. Animals can also be depressed.
Elephants and chimpanzees can display behavior patterns similar to post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!