1. There are different types of chocolates.
There are actually four different types of chocolate: dark, milk, white, and blond.
2. White chocolate is not actual chocolate.
White Chocolate isn’t technically Chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
3. Chocolate has a special melting point.
Chocolate is the only edible substance to melt around 93° F, just below human body temperature. That’s why chocolate melts in your mouth.
4. Cocoa and Cacao are the same things.
The words are interchangeable. It’s all one bean.
5. Chocolate was not always meant to be sweet.
For most of its 4,000-year history, Chocolate was actually consumed as a bitter beverage rather than as a sweet edible treat.
6. German Chocolate Cake has nothing to do with Germany.
German chocolate cake isn’t German. It’s named for Sam German, an American baker.
7. As per most peoples’ disbelief, chocolates are not harmful to your teeth.
Chocolate has an anti-bacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay. When it comes to coughs, chocolate is more effective than Codeine.
8. Chocolate is actually harmful to your pets.
Chocolate can sicken, and even kill dogs and cats.
9. Chocolate creates a greater mental high than kissing does.
According to the BBC, research found that chocolate can actually stimulate your brain and releases more endorphins in the brain than kissing does.
10. Hershey’s Kisses got their name from the sound the machine makes.
Hershey’s makes 70 million kisses a day.
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!