1. Having a plan B would only make plan A less likely to work.
According to a study having a backup plan reduced the efficiency of plan A to a large extent.
2. Internet addiction is becoming a huge issue.
Researchers are debating on adding Internet addiction to the list of mental disorders.
3. Cotard’s Syndrome is a rare psychological disorder.
It’s a rare mental disorder where people imagine that they are decomposing, dead, or non-existent.
4. “Catching” a yawn could help us bond.
It is known that yawning is contagious. We generally yawn when someone else does even though we are not tired. There are a few theories about why yawning is contagious, but one of the leading ones is that it shows empathy.
5. It takes five positive things to outweigh a single negative thing.
Your brain remembers bad over good; an effect of this thing called ‘negativity bias.’ In order to have a balance, a 5:1 ratio of positive to negative is a must.
6. If a rule is too strict then the chances that others want to break it drastically increses.
When people perceive certain freedoms being taken away, they not only break that rule, but they break even more than they otherwise would have in an effort to regain their independence.
7. Social media is psychologically designed to be addictive.
Part of that has to do with infinite scroll.
8. France is the most depressed country.
1 in 5 people in France has experienced depression, making it the most depressed country in the world.
9. There is a common psychological disorder that affects almost 3/4 of the world.
68% of the people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, the feeling that one’s phone is vibrating when it’s not.
10. Average anxiety among people has increased a lot.
Today, the average high school kid has the same level of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950’s.
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!