1. The Chinese have invented many exciting things.
They invented gun powder, fireworks, toilet paper, ice cream, kites, etc. It is also said that China first invented soccer.
2. China has the world’s largest standing army.
China has 2,183,000 personnel they can send to war if they have to. That’s almost 1 million more than what the U.S Army has in active duty.
3. It has the world’s largest railway network.
China’s railway lines are so extensive and long that they could loop around Earth twice.
4. China has weird eating habits.
Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in China as a delicacy. In a southwestern Chinese city, people eat dogs on the summer solstice festival, and about 10,000 dogs are killed and consumed. The scorpions sold on the streets in Beijing are grabbed live, dipped in boiling oil for a second or so, and skewered on a stick.
5. China literally owns Pandas.
Every single panda that lives in this world belongs to China. If you see a panda in other countries, it means it is lent from China.
6. China has a unique law, “The Elderly Rights Law.”
If you have parents that are over 60 years old, it’s illegal not to visit them regularly.
7. In 2020, it’s estimated China has 30-40 million more men than women.
It is mostly to do with the one-child policy that China has.
8. A new skyscraper is built every five days.
China used more cement in 3 years (2011 to 2013) than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century.
9. Facebook has been banned in China since 2009.
Some people use VPN’s, but most people use other social media channels such as Baidu, WeChat, and Sina Weibo. They even have their own version of YouTube called Youku Tudou.
10. The sunrise in parts of China can be as late as 10 AM.
Even though China is a vast country, it follows only a one-time zone.
11. Everyone watches the same channel at 7 PM.
Every day at 7 PM, every TV channel is required to live broadcast the 30-minute long news program by state-run China Central Television. And it’s been that way since 1978.
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!