After a lot of postpones, Warner Bros. Studios have announced new release dates. These dates start from Aug. 26 to Sept. 18 around the globe.
The studio has seen a large fraction of the audience visiting the theaters. ‘Peninsula,‘ the sequel to the blockbuster ‘Train to Busan’, is doing pretty well in the box office during these trying times. Movies like these succeeding probably drove Warner Brothers to risk and release the movie.
Tenet is no ordinary movie you can watch at home on your TV or laptop. And especially not on a cell phone. Releasing the movie on an online platform would do it no good. The movie is a 200 million dollar action opus, and it would do a helluva lot better in theaters.
Christopher Nolan is known for making entertaining and kino films that are also accessible to the general audience. Unlike other artsy indie directors, he tends to go all out on his budget, and the producers don’t worry cause they know people love his stuff.
The genre being a thriller and the director being Nolan, the movie is probably filled with plot twists, and hence filled with spoilers. This is a signature Nolan move, to leave people bamboozled with a twist that stays in their heads forever. Ergo, the studio can’t risk any leaks or spoilers from the movie since it’s fully made now. So, the sooner they get it out, the better. Also, there was a 5 minute featured clip on the movie being screened in IMAX theatres a couple of months ago when the first trailer dropped.
If Warner Bros. succeeds in releasing the movie, we might see movies’ releases getting preponed. A lot of them were getting pushed to the end of the year. With short intervals between them, which might besmirch their box office. So the earlier they get released, the better.
Here are the official release dates for tenet
- Thursday, Aug. 27: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
- Friday, Aug. 28: East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Vietnam
- Wednesday, Sept. 3: The United States, Kuwait, and Qatar
- Thursday, Sept. 10: Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia
- Thursday, Sept. 17: Cyprus
- Friday, Sept. 18: Japan
- Dates TBD: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!