1. Hawaii is the only U.S. state with a majority Asian American population.
The state has 58% Asian American population.
2. Hawaii grows by roughly 42 acres each year.
Hawaii’s Big Island, which is the common term used for the state of Hawaii, is growing by more than 42 acres each year because of the Kilauea Volcano.
3. Hawaii is the most isolated population center on Earth.
It’s about 2,400 miles from the Mainland U.S., the closest landmass. Because of that, it has its own time zone, Hawaii Standard Time.
4. Surfing was invented in Hawaii.
There is a great deal of evidence that it was invented hundreds of years ago here in this place.
5. The Hawaiian Islands are a chain of 137 islands.
6. Hawaii has 10 of the world’s 14 climate zones.
7. Hawaii is the only U.S. state with two official languages.
English and Hawaiian. Some locals like to think of Pidgin as an official language, but it’s not.
8. Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that grows coffee commercially.
This state is the only one in the U.S. that grows coffee, vanilla beans, and cacao commercially.
9. Billboards are outlawed.
Hawaii is one of four states in the U.S. that has banned the use of billboards for advertising.
10. Snakes are Also Outlawed in Hawaii.
The island does not have any native snake species and it is illegal to own one as a pet. The only exception is those in a safe, contained zoo.
More from Facts – News Landed
+ Disturbing facts about smoking you never knew
+ Interesting Facts about Black Holes that you never knew
+ Surprising facts about Alaska you never knew
+ Uranus: facts about the weirdest planet in our Solar System