1. The company’s name is a tribute to inventor Nikola Tesla.
2. The company was founded by Eric Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning in 2003.
In February 2004, Musk led the Series A funding round, joining Tesla’s board of directors as its chairman and later became the CEO
3. The world’s fastest electric car is made by Tesla.
Unveiled back in November 2017, Tesla’s Roadster is the quickest electric car.
4. The world’s safest car has also been created by Tesla.
Tesla’s Model S is one of the most decorated cars. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s roof crush resistance testing machine actually broke, but it couldn’t crush the Model S under it.
5. The Model S currently has the largest panoramic sunroof of any production car.
Its drag coefficient is 0.24, which is also one of the lowest.
6. Tesla Motors is the second oldest publicly listed American Automaker.
It is second only to Ford.
7. Tesla’s CEO currently spends only half his time on Tesla.
He works in Southern California, at SpaceX, for half of the week, and works at Tesla for the other half.
8. The Model S has the largest touchscreen/interface screen of any production vehicle.
It has a massive 17-inch touch screen panel which acts as your single control panel for driving, navigation, music, and everything else.
Do you want to publish on Apple News, Google News, and more? Join our writing community, improve your writing skills, and be read by hundreds of thousands around the world!
More from Facts – News Landed
+ Sam Walton: Facts about the billionaire Walmart founder you didn’t know
+ Interesting Facts about Black Holes that you never knew
+ Surprising facts about Alaska you never knew
+ Uranus: facts about the weirdest planet in our Solar System
+ 12 Surprising Facts About Billionaire Entrepreneur Bill Gates